When you add background effects and styles to cells in your worksheet you can emphasize the data present on it more visually. The following how-to guide will walk you through the procedure of how to add background effects and styles to cells in an MS Excel worksheet 2010.
1) Have the excel sheet opened in which you wish to add effects and styles to cells present in it.
2) Highlight or select the cells for which you want to add effects.
3) Click on the Home tab and under the Styles category, click on the Cell Styles icon.
4) From the list of displayed cell styles and effects, select the style or the effect that you wish to apply to your cells in the worksheet and once you click on a style, the respective style will be applied to all of your selected cells.
5) Follow the same steps above to add styles to other cells present on the same worksheet or on a different worksheet.
6) You can also have you own styles applied to the cells. To do so, click on the Cell Styles icon and then click on New Cell Style.
7) In the Style window thus opened, enter the specification of how you want the style to applied to your cells and once done, give a name to the style and click on OK.
8. The New style that you created will be displayed under the Cell Styles drop down menu, under the Custom category. If you want to apply your custom style to cells in the worksheet, select those cells and click on your custom style in the list.
So, add custom styles to cells in your Excel worksheet to make the data represented inside it more emphasizing and appealing.