Want to make the cells in your Excel worksheet look colorful? Then, apply background colors to them so that they look distinguished on your worksheet. The following how-to guide will walk you through the procedure of how to apply background colors to cells in an Excel worksheet.
1) On your Excel worksheet, highlight cells for which you want to apply background colors.
2) On the Home tab, under the Font category, click on the Fill Color icon.
3) Clicking on the Fill Color icon will reveal a drop down list of background colors to choose from. Choose the color that you like and that respective color will be applied as a background to your selected cells.
4) The selected cells will then look like the following after the background color is applied.
5) You can also have your own custom color set as background. To do so, click on More Colors option from the drop down list of Fill Color icon and then in the Colors window thus opened, under the Custom tab, you can enter the values for color mode that you want to apply as background and click on OK.
6) The custom color you created will be displayed in the drop down list of the Fill color icon under the Recent colors section. click on that color to apply the background.
So, apply background colors to the cells in your Excel worksheet and make them look more colorful and eye-catching.