If you don’t like the default theme that comes with the installation copy of your Google Chrome browser, then you can download a theme that you like from the themes gallery and install it. You can get to the themes gallery through the Options window of the browser itself.
The following section of the How-to guide will walk you through the procedure on how to install themes in the Google Chrome web browser.
1) Click on the Wrench (Tools) icon at the top right corner of your browser window and then click on Options from the drop down menu.
2) In the Options window thus opened, select the Personal Stuff panel.
3) Under the Personal Stuff panel, in the Themes section, click on the Get themes link.
4) Now, you will be redirected to the Google’s Themes Gallery page in a new tab on your browser.
5) In the Themes Gallery page, you can choose themes under two kinds of category. One under the category of Themes by Artists and the next under the category of Themes by Google.
6) Once you find the theme that you want, click on Apply theme button that will be displayed underneath it.
7) Once you click on the Apply theme button, that theme respective theme will be downloaded and installed automatically onto your browser.
If you want to get back to the default theme, then in the Options window, under the Personal Stuff panel, in the Themes section, click on Reset to default theme.