Whenever a new version of the Firefox browser is released, users usually take effort to find out the download link of the browser’s new version in order to install into their computers. But however, this is not required as there is an option provided within the browser itself which allows users to automatically update to the latest version of the browser.
Mozilla recently released the stable version of Firefox 5 web browser and it is considered to be only a minimal journey from Firefox 4. As you expect, there aren’t any major changes made to the latest version of the browser, except for the improvements made in the ability of the browser to play CSS Animations and the browser’s capability to instantly mend with the wide variety of add-ons thus helping the browser to run faster and smoother than ever.
In this How-to guide, I will walk you through the procedure on how to automatically update to the Firefox 5 browser from within Firefox 4.
1) In your current version of Firefox browser, click on the Firefox Menu button present at the top left hand corner of your browser window and then point your mouse over Help and then click on About Firefox.
2) In the About Mozilla Firefox window thus opened, you can immediately observe that the browser automatically starts checking for updates and if there are any, it automatically starts downloading and installs them.
3) Once the updates are downloaded and installed, click on the Apply Update button.
4) Clicking on the Apply Update button will automatically apply updates to the existing version of the browser and once the updates are applied, the browser restarts with its latest version installed.
5) To crosscheck, just go to About Firefox window as specified in step 1 and you can see the latest version of the browser displayed there.