Whenever you download files in Internet Explorer web browser, they will be saved under the default Downloads folder resided under My Documents folder in your computer. But as time goes on, the default Downloads folder may get accumulated with your downloaded files and you may run short of space on your system’s C drive.
In this situation, you can change the default folder for storing your downloaded files and thus make your browser save all the files you download in a folder of your choice. The following section of the How-to guide will walk you through the procedure of changing the default destination folder for downloads in Internet Explorer 9 web browser.
1) Click on the Tools icon that you see at the top right hand corner of your browser window and then click on View downloads.
2) In the View Downloads – Windows Internet Explorer window thus opened, click on the Options link.
3) In the Download Options dialogue box thus opened, you can see that Downloads folder is set as the default download location in your browser. To change the location, click on the Browse button.
4) In the Select a default destination folder for your downloads window thus opened, select a folder of your choice where you want the downloads to be stored and then click on Select Folder button.
5) Now, click on OK to exit from the Download Options window and then click on Close to exit from the View Downloads window.
So, from here on all your downloaded files will go into the folder that you selected using the above procedural steps.