By default, Google will be set as the default search engine in all the Google chrome browser versions you download from the Internet. However, if you want to use some other search engines like Yahoo or Bing as the default ones you can easily configure it through the Options window of the Chrome browser.
A default search engine is one which always displays the results in your browser for whatever queries you type in. the following How-to guide will walk you through the steps on how to change the default search engine Google Chrome web browser.
1) Click on the Wrench (Tools) icon at the top right corner of your browser window and then from the drop down menu, click on Options.
2) In the Options window thus opened, under the Basics category, in the Search section, you can see that Google is set as the default search engine.
3) To change the default search engine, click on the drop down arrow and then from the list of search engines displayed, choose the one which you wish to set as default.
4) In case, if you want to add some more search engines to the default list, click on the tab that says Manage search engines.
5) In the Search Engine window pane thus opened, under the Other search engines section, enter the name for the new search engine, a keyword to associate with it and the specific URL of the Search engine.
6) To remove search engine, just hover your mouse over it and click on the close icon that appears to the right of it.
7) Close the Search Engines window pane and then close the Options window.
Now, you are finished with changing the default search engine of your Google Chrome web browser. To verify it just type some query in the URL bar and press Enter. You should then see the results displayed in the search engine that you previously set as default.