Speed dial feature allows you to call or message your favorite contacts with a single keystroke. It is very much common that, you contact certain people frequently on a day to day basis. For example, it can be one of your family members, a close friend of yours or one of your colleagues. It will be a little time consuming every time for you to search for the person you want to contact from within your contacts list or call logs list and then make a call. This is where the Speed dial feature comes into play.
Similar to the Speed dial feature present in most of the modern day browsers, Speed dial feature on Android smartphones allows you to configure a list of eight frequently used contacts into the Speed dial box. Once the contact numbers are configured into the Speed dial list, you can use a single key press to call or message that contact. You can use numbers from 2 to 9 as speed dial numbers to contact each person on the Speed dial list.
The following section of the tutorial will walk you through the procedure of how to configure speed dial contacts on Android smartphones.
1) On your android phone, tap on the Phone icon.
2) Now, select the Keypad tab, click on the Menu button and then select Speed dial setting from the pop-up menu.
3) Now, you should see the Speed dial box opened on your screens. The speed dial numbered 1 by default is for Voicemail. So, you can use numbers starting from 2 to 9 to configure your speed dial contacts.
4) To configure the first speed dial contact, tap on the speed dial box numbered 2 and then select the contact from the resulting contacts list.
5) The selected contact will now be placed in the speed dial box numbered 2.
6) Similarly, repeat the steps 4 and 5 mentioned above to configure the rest of the speed dial contacts.
7) Once you are finished with configuring all the required contacts into the Speed dial boxes, you can use specific numbers to call or message each individual contact. For example, to call a contact that you configured in the speed dial box numbered 4, you need to just press the number 4 on your keypad and the respective speed dial contact appears on your screen to make a call or message.
Calling and texting your best buddies over the phone could not have been easier than this right.
8) in case, if you want to remove a contact from the Speed dial box, then in the Speed dial window, click on the Menu button, click on Remove from the pop-up menu and then select the speed dial contact which you want to remove and then click on Remove.
9) You can also remove a contact by long pressing on it and then clicking on the Remove option from the resulting popup list. The selected contact will be removed from the Speed dial box.
10) To replace a contact, long press on it and then select Replace option from the resulting popup list and then select the contact which you want to put in the place of the replaced contact.
Speed dial is really a cool and time-saving feature to fulfill your daily calling and texting needs. How often do you use the Speed dial feature on your mobiles or else do you think it is not for me. Let us know through your comments.