You might be familiar with deleting Browsing history on your desktops and laptops. But however, deleting the same on Android smartphones is a new thing to learn. Similar to the web browser that comes pre-installed in your desktops or laptops, there is a pre-installed Android HTML browser on all Android Smartphones. The Android HTML browser, similar to the browsers on your PC’s will remember all your browsing history, stores cookies, cache, passwords, form data etc.
If you share your Android smartphone with some of your friends or family members, then you may not be very keen in letting them know your browsing activity on the smartphone or else you do not want them to know any information related to your browsing data.
The following section of the How-to guide will walk you through a step-by-step instruction of how to clear browsing History, cache, cookies, for data etc. on Android smartphones. In our case, we have used the Samsung Galaxy S to show you the detailed procedure of how to clear the browsing history. Though, the same procedure holds good for other android smartphones also.
1) Open the HTML browser that comes pre-installed on your Android smartphone. To open the browser, just tap on the “Internet” widget that you see on your home screen.
2) Now, in the browser, click on the Menu button (the button on the left side of the Home key) and then click on the More option.
3) Clicking on More option will reveal a another list of options on your screen. Scroll down a little bit on the options list to find the Settings option. Once you find the option, click on it.
4) Now, in the Settings window thus opened, do the following
To delete Browser Cache
- Scroll down a little bit to find the Clear Cache option. Once you find it, tap on it and then click on Yes button thus appearing in a dialog box.
To delete Browsing History
- Click on the Clear History option and then click on Yes button thus appearing in a dialog box.
To delete Cookies
- Click on the Clear all cookie data option and then click on the Yes button in the dialog box thus opened on your screens.
To delete Form History
- Click on the Clear form data option and then click on the yes button in the dialog box thus opened on your screens.
To clear stored passwords
- Click on the Clear passwords option that is present under security settings section and then click on the Yes button in the dialog box thus opened on your screens.
So, this is how you can easily delete all your Browsing history on any Android Smartphones.