In this tutorial, we will walk you through the procedure of starting Windows 7 operating system in Safe mode.
When Windows operating system starts in safe mode, it will start with only a required number of drivers and the programs that usually start at the system boot won’t load. The drivers and programs which are necessary to start the operating system will only load at the boot up.
One of the greatest advantages of starting Windows operating system in safe mode is that, in safe mode you will able to troubleshoot most of the problems that occur in your PC. For example, if you just installed a driver in your PC and from thereafter if you are not able to boot your system, then start your Windows in safe mode and now if you are able to boot your system in safe mode, then you can be sure that the problem occurred due to the recently installed driver.
The following sections describes you a step-by-step instruction of how to start Windows 7 Operating system in safe mode.
1) Close all your open windows programs and restart your computer.
2) While your computer is restarting, start pressing F8 key and at some point of time, you should see the Advanced Boot options screen on your PC.
NOTE: if you do not see the Advanced Boot Options screen before the Windows Splash logo appears, then you have to restart your system again to enter into the Boot options screen.
3) In case, if you use multiple operating systems, using the arrow keys, select the operating system that you want to start in safe mode and once you find out what operating system you want start in safe mode, start pressing F8 key.
4) Once you are in the Boot options window, using the arrow keys, navigate to the Safe Mode option and press enter. See the snapshot below for details.
5) Now, log in to your system using an Administrator’s account.
6) To verify whether you are in safe mode, you should see Safe mode displayed at the corners of your display screen.
7) To exit from the safe mode, restart your system and allow the windows to start normally.
So, this is how you start windows 7 operating system in safe mode via the Advanced Boot Options window.