How often have you fallen asleep while watching a movie on your PC or Laptop? The answer could be a fair number of times. As you fall asleep, the PC or Laptop would be running for a more amount of time than expected without serving you with any purpose. From here onwards, you need not worry about your PC being switched on without doing any useful task because with the WindMend Auto shutdown software, you can now configure your PC or Laptop for automatic shut down, hibernate, Stand by and Log off unattended at a scheduled time so that it gets turned off as soon as the scheduled time ticks off and comes to an end.
Download the WindMend software for Microsoft Windows OS by clicking on the following link
The following section describes the procedure for installing the WindMend Auto Shutdown software on your PC.
1) Once you have finished downloading the software from the above link, click on the WindMend-Auto-shutdown.exe file to start the installation process. This will open up the WindMend Auto Shutdown Setup wizard on your screens.
2) In the WindMend Auto Shutdown Setup window, click on the Next button to continue with the installation.
3) In the window thus opened, you have to accept the License agreement. So, click on I accept the agreement radio button and click on the Next button.
4) In the next window that appears on your screen, you have to select a destination folder where you would like to install the software. Select a destination folder of your choice using the Browse button and click on the Next button.
5) Now, in the window thus opened, it lets you know the shortcut folder created for the software on the Start Menu and it also provides you with an option to choose a different folder for installing the software. Change these settings if you wish and once done, click on the Next button.
6) In the next window that appears, it allows you to select additional tasks you would like the Setup to perform while installing the software. Select the checkboxes displayed against the additional tasks and click on the Next button.
7) In the new window thus opened, click on the Install button to start installing the software. The installation hardly takes 10 seconds to complete and during the installation, a progress bar will be displayed in the setup window.
8. Once the installation is completed, click on the Finish button to launch the software.
The WindMend Auto Shutdown main window should now be displayed on your screens.
The following section describes a step-by-step instruction of how to use the WindMend Auto shutdown software to configure your PC or Laptop for automatic shutdown.
1) In the WindMend Auto Shutdown main window displayed on your screens, you can see list of tasks you can perform on the Left pane and the specifications regarding the time at which you can perform the tasks on the right pane.
2) You will have four tasks (Shut down, Log off, Stand by and Hibernate) to choose from. For example, if you would like to shut down your system at a scheduled time, then select the radio button that says Shut down and then under the Time category, specify the time at which you want shit down task to take place. You can also configure the system for automatic shut down on a particular day at a particular time. You can also set a countdown timer after which the PC gets automatically shut down.
3) Once you have specified the settings for automatic shut down, click on the Start Task button.
4) A dialogue box now papers on your screen asking you for the confirmation of the task to be carried out. Click on the Yes button to confirm.
5) Once you confirm the task, a dialogue box appears on your screens stating that the program will be running at the background and you can access the settings by clicking on its icon on the Taskbar. Click OK to continue.
6) In case if you would like to cancel the task, then double click on its taskbar icon to reveal the main window. In the window, click on Cancel task to cancel the task that you configured.
Another customizable feature of the software is you can change the display color of the main window. To do so, click on the available list of colors displayed at the top right corner of the main window and you will see the display color changing instantly.