Quick Tabs was a feature that was enabled by default in IE7, IE8 and IE9 beta browser versions, but however the same feature is kept disabled in the latest stable version of the Internet explorer browser, IE9.
Quick Tabs feature when enabled will show thumbnail previews of all of your opened tabs in the Internet explorer browser. The thumbnail previews will let users to preview each tab opened in a single browser window thus allowing them to easily switch between tabs by just clicking on the thumbnails.
The Quick Tabs feature comes in very handy if you have the habit of browsing the web with at least a dozen of tabs opened every time. i.e., when you have more tabs opened, it will be difficult to find the tab that you want to immediately access by just going through the tab bar in your browser. In this situation, Quick tabs feature comes in handy enabling you to easily locate the tabs that you want to instantly access thus enhancing your browsing experience.
The following section of the How-to guide will walk you through the steps on how to enable the Quick tabs feature in Internet explorer 9 web browser.
1) Click on the Tools icon that you see at the top right hand corner of your browser window and then click on Internet Options from the drop down menu.
2) In the Internet Options window thus opened, under the General tab, in the Tabs category, click on the Settings button.
3) In the Tabbed Browsing Settings window thus opened, select the checkbox that says Enable Quick Tabs and click on OK.
4) Click again on OK to exit from the Internet Options window.
5) Restart your Internet explorer browser.
That’s it. Now, you have the Quick tabs feature Turned On in your browser and you can get the taste of the feature by pressing CTRL+Q keys when you have several tabs opened in your browser.