How often have you received calls from an unknown number or from your mobile network carrier on a day-to-day basis? It is very much common these days to be receiving frequent calls from your mobile carrier giving you details of their best offers which you least bother to hear. Do these calls really annoy you? If they do, then you can easily block all these unwanted numbers from calling you in future.
The following How-to guide will walk you through the procedure of how block phone numbers by adding them into the Auto reject list on your Android smartphones. Once you add a phone number into the Auto reject list, then you will never ever receive a call from that specific number unless and until you manually remove that number from the reject list.
NOTE: - In this tutorial, we have used the Samsung galaxy S smartphone to show the procedure of how to block calls automatically.
1) On your Android phone, navigate into the Settings application.
2) In the Settings Screen thus opened, select the Call Settings option.
3) In the Call Settings screen thus opened, select All calls.
4) Now, select the second option in the All Calls screen that says Auto reject.
5) Now, in the Auto reject screen thus opened, select the option Enable auto reject.
6) Now, while in the same screen, select the Auto reject list option.
7) Now, in the Auto reject list thus opened, tap on the Menu button and then click on Create from the popup menu thus revealed.
8) Now, if you know the phone number which you want to block, then directly enter that number in the space provided and tap on the Save button.
9) If you want to block a phone number which is saved in your contacts list or Logs list, then click on the Search button, choose Contacts or Logs and then choose the number which you want to block. Tap on the Save button once finished.
Once you finish blocking a number, that number will be displayed in the auto reject list and whenever a person tries to contact you using that particular contact number, the call will be automatically rejected. Once the call is rejected, you will receive a message saying that the Call is rejected, but the person at the other end does not receive any message as such and simply the call does not get connected.
In case, if you want to remove a number from the Auto reject list, then tap on the Menu button, choose Delete option, select the number which you want to remove and again tap on the Delete button.
So, from here on whenever you want to avoid or block calls from an unknown number or from your mobile carrier, then just add those numbers into the Auto reject list.
Related article: - How to reject a call by sending an automated message in android