Though Group Chat is a feature that was introduced in Facebook a long time ago, most of its users are still not making use of it and some users still do not know that a feature like group chat exists in their most used social networking site. But, however, your anonymity with this feature will be ending today as in this tutorial, we will be guiding you on how to use the Group chat feature to initiate a group chat with your friends.
1) Login to your Facebook account and once you login you can see a new long chat box represented as a sidebar on the right side that enlists all your friends who are both online and offline.
2) Just click on a friend’s name with whom you want to initiate a group chat and then click on the Options icon displayed on that friend’s chat box and then click on Add Friends to chat.
3) Now, just start entering the name of your friend whom you want to invite for group chat and as you start typing the name, matched results for the name you are entering will be displayed. When the name of your friend whom you want to invite gets displayed, click on his name and he will be added to the group chat. click on the Done button once you finish adding friends to group chat.
4) Similarly, repeat the same step mentioned above to add more friends to your Group chat.
5) Once you have finished adding friends to your Group chat, their names will be displayed at the top of the chat box. So, start pinging and the message you pinged will be visible to everyone currently present in the group chat.
NOTE: - if the long chat box appearing as a side bar is annoying, then you can hide it by clicking on the Options icon present at the bottom left of the chat box and then clicking on Hide sidebar.
So, this is how you can initiate a Group Chat in Facebook and there is also a Video calling feature that exists in the social networking site. Click the below link to see how to activate it and use it.
after trying the Video calling feature in Facebook, Put forward your opinions in the comments section and tell us whether you liked it and whether it can give a serious competition to Google + Hangouts feature.