Samsung Galaxy S Android smartphone has two new and exciting camera features called Face Detection and Smile Detection. Not many users make use of these two features or else to put it in other words, they know that features like face detection and smile detection exist in their smartphone but never bothered to try out them or use them while taking pictures.
I was asked about the face detection and smile detection features by one of my friend who owns a Samsung Galaxy S and I’m being the owner of this fantastic handset did not know how to go about using these features. So, I thought of writing a small piece of article about how to use these features on Samsung Galaxy S smartphone. I hope it would help all proud owners of Samsung galaxy S.
Face Detection and Smile Detection on Samsung Galaxy S
Face detection feature enables the camera of your phone to automatically focus on a person’s face posing in front of the camera while taking a snap. It is also true that face detection feature will detect each and every person’s face who is posing for the camera.
Smile detection feature helps to capture a person’s snap automatically once the person posing for the camera starts smiling. Galaxy S performed tremendously well in case of both the features. It captured the smile so instantaneously such that, the snap of the person was ready within a second. While you are taking a group snap, the camera needs only a single person’s smile in order to capture a snap.
So, let’s see how to use these features now
How to use Face Detection
1) On your Samsung galaxy S phone, click on the Camera widget to open the camera application.
2) Once you have the camera application opened, click on the Settings icon.
3) In the settings interface thus opened, tap on the Auto Focus button.
4) In the Focus mode options interface thus opened, tap on the Face Detection option and then press the screen to focus.
5) Once you have the face detection feature enabled on your phone, you will see a face detection icon displayed at the top left corner of your camera interface.
6) That is it, now you are ready to use the face detection feature on your phone. To test it, just make a person stand in front of the phone’s cameraand from then on its magic. The camera automatically detects the person’s face and will highlight the face with a rectangular box. Once it detects the person’s face, tap on the shutter button to take the snap.
How to use Smile Detection
1) On your Camera Interface, tap on the Shooting mode button.
2) In the Shooting mode Options interface thus opened, tap on the Smile Shot option.
3) Once you have enabled the Smile detection feature, you will see a smiley icon displayed in place of the Shooting mode button.
4) That is it, now you are ready to use the smile detection feature on your phone. Just tap on the camera screen to put off the shooting mode options.
5) You should also remember that, you should press the shutter button once after enabling the smile detection feature on your phone.
6) Now, your camera detects the smile of the person posing in front of it and automatically takes a snap of that person.
Note: - you cannot use both the features at the same time, you can either use face detection or smile detection, not both.