1) Click on START and click on RUN.
2) In the Run dialog box, type PREFETCH and click on OK.
3) We get the prefetch window with a list of unwanted icons.
4) Press CTRL and the letter A together on the keyboard (Or Click on the EDIT menu and click SELECT ALL), to select all the icons displayed.
5) Hold SHIFT button on keyboard and hit DELETE to delete all the selected icons and close the dialog box.
1) Click on START and click on ALL PROGRAMS and select ACCESSORIES.
2) Select SYSTEM TOOLS and click on DISK CLEANUP.
3) A disk cleanup window appears. In this box, check the entire text boxes that are appear.
4) Then click OK.
STEP 3: (Registry Editing)
1) Take Registry backup. To do so, carry on with the following steps.
a) Click on START and click on RUN
b) In RUN box type REGEDIT and click on OK
c) You will get Registry window and Click on File and Click on Export
d) It will ask you to SAVE. select DESKTOP and save on DESKTOP
2) In REGISTRY window click the plus signs next to the following.
3) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL and then click on the name DESKTOP.
4) On the RHS, Double click on AutoEndTask and change the value to 1 from 0 and click on OK.
5) Then double click on HungAppTimeout and change the value from 5000 to 50 and click on OK.
6) Now click the + sign next to the following:
7) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ and click on the name CONTROL.
8. On the Right Hand Side double-click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout.
9) It would be having the value 20,000, change it to 200 and press OK. Now we need to go to the below key.
10) On the Right Hand Side: Change the data value of the ClearPageFileAtShutdown, Disable PagingExecutive, Large System Cache and IOPageLockLimit from the value of 0 to 1.
11) On the Left Hand Side, click the plus signs next to the following:
12)KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management\ and click on the Prefetch Parameters.
13) On the Right Hand side, Double-click the EnablePrefetcher and change the value data from 3 to 0 to disable the prefetcher.
1) Click START—> CONTROL PANEL.
2) Select ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS–> SERVICES.
3) In the list of services, double-click on INDEXING SERVICE and then MESSENGER.
4) Under the GENERAL Tab, for the STARTUP TYPE, change the value to DISABLE.
5) Close all the windows by selecting OK.
6) Click on the Start button and choose Run, type “msconfig”, then click OK.
7) Go to the “Services” tab, find the “Background Intelligent Transfer” service and uncheck it.
8. Reboot the system.
1) Click on START and click on SEARCH.
2) Select ALL FILES or FOLDERS.
3) In the first box that reads ALL OR THE PART OF FILE NAME, type the below files(one at a time) *.tmp,*.old,*.$$$, *.000,*.fts, *.cnt, *.bak, *.gid, *.~mp
4) In the third box that says LOOK IN select MY COMPUTER.
5) Then click SEARCH.
6) Delete all the files displayed in the SEARCH RESULT (some files cannot be deleted, so they may say CANNOT DELETE FILES, so just click OK)
7) Restart the system.
After these steps, reboot the system for 2 or 3 times and notice that the system would run faster.